Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Week#23 Winner: Tampen!


The coolest dude in Harlem
Originally uploaded by Tampen.
This Week's Winner: Tampen
Week#23 - 01/27-02/02

Photo: The coolest dude in Harlem

Likes: The story of how I took the shot (on photo caption)

Camera: Canon 20D

Dislikes: The reflection on his glasses.


****************************
The Coolest Dude in Harlem

He was sitting in the window of Starbucks on 125th Street in the heart of Harlem, New York City, and I couldn't stop myself. I went in and told him he had a great tie, and could I take a picture ?

He replied: "300 bucks".

I laughed and said I was English and couldn't manage that (as if being English had anything to do with it).

He pretended to be disappointed, and said, "OK, go ahead, but you're stabbing me in the back". I fired off a dozen shots in case he changed his mind, and he started chanting to the crowd around us " He's stabbing me in the back, he's stabbing me in the back".

Then he laughed and I got this shot.

No comments: